Sunday, November 24, 2013

Brr!

Mercy!  It has been a cold day.  I do believe winter has arrived in Arkansas.

When I got home from church this afternoon I warmed up with a hot cup of cappuccino.  There was something satisfying about pouring a hot beverage into a snowman mug.  :)


My family and I celebrated Thanksgiving with my husbands side of the family this weekend.  It is always a blessing to gather with family over a meal.

We had a lot of broccoli rice casserole left over and since it was so chilly today I decided to make a soup with it.

You may be thinking "what? that doesn't sound to good..." but believe it or not it turned out good.  So if you have broccoli rice casserole left over and want to do something different with it, try this soup.

Here's how I made it.

Take left over broccoli rice casserole and put into a large pot.  Add 2 cans of chicken broth, 1 can of potatoes (drained) and 1 1/2 cups water.   Add the following seasoning to taste - black pepper, Greek seasoning, Cheyenne pepper.  Bring to a low boil and simmer about thirty minutes, stirring occasionally.  Serve with crackers or cornbread fritters.

This soup tastes a lot like potato soup.  You can change up the seasonings to your liking.

Well we are down to 30 days to Christmas.  Later in the week, probably Friday or Saturday, I will put up all my autumn decorations and start decorating for Christmas.

I hope to show my latest project soon.  I have made a ornament for an ornament swap I am in.   I tried to mail it out to my ornament swap partner yesterday but found out the post office in my town is now closed on Saturday, so I will have mail it tomorrow.   She should have her ornament by the end of the week and then I can share it with you.

I'm still working on the log cabin quilt, but also have another block to make and 2 more items for the next quilt guild meeting in December.  Talk about crunch time...

One of my favorite things to do at Christmas is to sit with all the lamps and overhead lights out and only the Christmas lights shining.  There is something about the soft glow of Christmas lights reflecting off ornaments and other decorations that is very soothing to me.  :)

Microsoft clip art

What is one of your favorite things to do at Christmas?


God bless and keep you,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham