Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Catching up...

Hello!

It's been a few days.  There has been a lot going on.

This past weekend was the Frontier's Day Festival.  It started with a parade.  It was a breezy but muggy morning.  Later in the day, it rained hard and the temps dropped.

The Paris Eagle Band

As the wind blew her hair, Audre played the snare.  :)


The quilt guild I belong to, The Logan County PieceMakers, had a quilt show.

You can view all the quilts at http://aquiltingsouthpawsthoughts.blogspot.com/p/quilts_28.html 

We had a good show and "People's Choice" winners for the best wall hanging and best quilt.

Kathy's quilt got People's Choice Wall Hanging

Marcellas' quilt got People's Choice Quilt

A couple of our guild members had a booth at the quilt show.  They own the Crooked Creek quilt shop in Greenwood, AR.  You can learn more about them at http://crookedcreekquiltshop.com/



We also gave away the beautiful butterfly quilt.  Elda, a co-worker, won the quilt.   It was fun anticipating her reaction to winning the quilt, over the weekend.  Kathy and I presented the quilt to her on Monday morning.  We set it on her desk with the ticket she had purchased, and then we waited in the next cubicle for her to arrive.  Suddenly we heard "Gasp, oh my goodness..."

Elda told us the quilt had been on her mind all weekend and she wondered why I hadn't called her yet.  I had to chuckle at that.  



I had a pleasant surprise on Friday.  I received a book, book mark and a book of comic postcards in relation to historical events and quilts.  I won the book in a giveaway Carla Gade had on her blog.  You can learn more about Carla at http://www.carlaolsongade.com/  Carla sent the book of postcards as a little something for my birthday, which I thought was very nice.


On the way to work this morning, just as the sun was rising, I topped a hill on 309 overlooking a valley where you can see farm land and the Arkansas River.

This morning I saw nothing but fog filling the valley.  It was like a lake of fluff.  The fog was so thick you could see nothing else and as I drove down into the valley and the fog I realized that anyone topping the hill would not be able to see me either.   It was as if I had the road all to myself.  :)

That catches me up, I think...

~Families are like quilts,
Lives pieced together, 
Stitched with smiles and tears, 
Colored with memories,
And bound by love. ~
unknown

Until next time...

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham