Sunday, September 22, 2013

Happy Autumn!

Today is the first day of my favorite season, Autumn, and what a beautiful day it was too.

Of course the Autumn decorations were brought out and put up at my house.  I didn't go overboard this year, as I have been known to do in years past.

I did just a few things this year.  I decided to do "groupings" this year.

The scarecrows gathered together to hang out by the oak and cedar chest.



The turkeys flocked together on the top of the piano.


The pumpkins rested next to the leaves on the cedar chest.


The floral arrangements added their Autumn color to the mix.

 




There is also a Autumn wreath on my front door, though I don't have picture of it.  I like the yellow, orange and orange-red leaves against the red door.

You may wonder why Autumn is my favorite season.

It is because in the fall when all the leaves begin to change color, and I look across the valleys with their array of yellow, orange, red, and dark greens, I imagine it as a beautiful quilt the Lord has laid out over the earth for me enjoy.

It's the cool mornings, seeing the moon hang low in the western sky as the sun rises in the east and the crisp evenings when the stars are out, twinkling like jewels in the sky.

It's the smell of cut hay and of camp fires and roasting marshmallows.

You might say it's the last HURRAH before winter sets in.

**************************************
DID YOU NOTICE?
You may have noticed I have added two new pages.  One is my personal testimony of my coming to know Jesus Christ as my Savior.  The other is a Prayer Request page.  I encourage you to check them out and if you need prayer for anything, please use the Prayer Request page and share it  with others you know who need prayer support.

*****************************************
GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS?
 I had plans to work on my log cabin quilt this weekend but for some reason my machine was wadding up the thread on the underside.  I'm so glad I did a test run on scraps.  I cleaned my machine and re-threaded it but it still wadded up the thread.  So, I figured it may be the needle, but of course I had no new needles on hand.  So I bought new needles.  Hopefully that will be the solution to my problem.  I have tried them out yet, but will before the week is up.   Not sure what to do next if the new needle doesn't fix it.

Got any suggestions?

******************************************

Until next time,

God bless and keep you,
Sonia



4 comments:

  1. Love all of your fall groupings, prim perfect. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAll is in the air! How did you add your pages to the top of your blog??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can create pages with blogger, then choose them to be at the top or side. :)

      Delete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham