Sunday, September 15, 2013

Grace...

Grace...

When you hear the word grace, what comes to mind?

Mercy, forgiveness, charity, compassion?

I attended a Beth Moore/Living Proof Ministries simulcast with four of my friends yesterday.  I thought about not going, I was so tired.  But I felt a pull to go, so I did.   You can find out more about Beth Moore and Living Proof Ministries at http://www.lproof.org/


We went to Glendale Baptist church for the simulcast.  I think there
 were 70-80 ladies present.

We began with songs of worship.  Hearing the voices of my Christian Sisters raised in praise to the Lord was an awesome thing, bringing on emotions from deep within and the feeling of knowing I do not walk in the world, serving the Lord alone.

All 50 states were in on the simulcast along with many more around the world.

The simulcast was all about grace, but it went much deeper than the way we normally think of grace.  

We are either living under grace, living under the law (ourselves) or in between.

I learned a new Greek word, cáris.  It means joy, favor, changes one into a new creature without changing their individuality.

I learned there are some things in my life I need to say "no longer" to.  A loud "NO LONGER".  Do you know what I mean?

Somewhere along the way, before lunch, there was a pop quiz.  A true or false pop quiz.   There were 13 questions.    I learned after the quiz that if you are living under grace, all the answers will be false. Needless to say I didn't not pass with a 100% but that's okay, I'm learning, I'm growing and there is always room for improvement.

The one thing that caught me by the heart was one of the questions on the quiz.  It was something along the lines of    T or F:  I feel  I am a disappointment to God.  I answered, True.

As we went along, I realized that though I know, that I know, that I know, I am a child of God I was still trying to keep the old me alive, by hanging on to the regrets of my past.  Dragging that "old me" into my life and letting it make me think I am a disappointment to God.

Romans 5:5 ~ and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.~ NIV

I realized that if God can forgive me of my sins and my past and throw it as far as the east is from the west, then I too need to get rid of it.

My church started Revival services for this week today, but my personal revival started yesterday during the simulcast.

God gives you what you need, when you need it.  I needed my lesson yesterday and I'm glad I went.

*************************************************

I got a few more pictures to share with you.   

 I usually show you pictures of the beautiful moon God has given us to light the night, but I have sunrises and sunsets this time.

One day this week, around 7:00 a.m.  I noticed a orange glow on one of the office walls.

So I went to the window and there the beautiful sun was rising above one of the churches close by.

It was a nice way to start the morning.

 On the way home from Ft. Smith, I think it was Friday, I caught the sunset behind us as we traveled.

Yesterday, I got a few more pics.  This one of the flag was early yesterday morning.  I waited until a breeze caught it up.  I think our flag is the prettiest one in the world.

Here are some of an old house and a barn that has been stripped down to the studs.  You never know what might catch my eye.





On the way home, yesterday from the simulcast, my friend "Rita" took this picture of the sky.  It was a beautiful sky and a beautiful day.  It was one of those days where it wasn't too hot and it wasn't too cool.  It was just right.  


*******************************************************

The yummy smell of a baking cake is filling the house.  

David is baking a white cake and he added chocolate chips to it.  Doesn't that sound good?

I'll leave you with this reminder.

Remember to thank God for lessons learned, for the beauty in nature and for little things, like the yummy smell of a baking cake.

God bless and keep you, 
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham