Monday, August 26, 2013

What catches my eye...

Good morning!

It's the last week of August, that means we only have...


Christmas Countdown

If you are creating your Christmas gifts this year, are you on schedule?

I'm not.  Yikes!

I'll get done on time.

I have to believe that, I will get done on time.  :)


**********************************************************


Sometimes, I will take my camera along just in case something catches my eye.  This weekend it happened to be cows and hay fields.




*****************************************************



Last week, on one of my lunch breaks, I discovered another flea market type shop.  A pack of 4 1/2 x 61/2" scrapbook papers and a 36" string of beads caught my eye.


This weekend I went to Hobby Lobby in search of fabric to coordinate with my Hoffman fat quarter.  I also found a pendant to go with the beads I found earlier in the week.


The turquoise and gold fabrics caught my eye.

I think they are a pretty good match for the Hoffman fat quarter.    I'm thinking of making a table runner with it.   I have to get it done for the December quilt guild meeting.

I am now working on a baby afghan and hope to have a picture of it later in the week to show.

I'm still working, or not, on the Log Cabin quilt.  It seems all these "little projects" keep cropping up and my Log Cabin quilt is getting pushed to the back burner.  I had originally thought I would hand sew it, but I think I am going to have to use my sewing machine, if I want to get it done by Christmas.

Well, I guess I better sign off.  My laundry is almost done.  I need to get it folded and on hangers, then get ready for work.

Have a great day!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

2 comments:

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham