Sunday, July 7, 2013

Wrapping up my week...

It's been a busy week and weekend.

Today was truly a day of rest for me.   This afternoon I laid down for a nap... and slept for four hours.

My nephew, Lucan, turned 4 years old this week and his party was at the park yesterday.   He got a load of gifts from both sides of the family.  I didn't get them all but I got a few pics.

















I also got to spend some time with my niece, Faith.   I took her to the swings and that little girl loved it.   When I gave her a push, her eyes lit up and she started laughing.   I wish I had my camera with me at that time but alas I left it on the picnic table with the family.










After the birthday party and visiting with family, I had salsa to make.

Earlier in the week I bought 5 lbs. of tomatoes and decided I would make a few pints of salsa.  I had enough to get 4 pints with some left over, which we had with our lunch this afternoon.   I found the recipe on-line and it is a good one.   I was happy with that, because you never really know what a recipe is going to be like until you make it.




I also found a lamp at a antique shop in the town I work in, last week, and bought it on my lunch break this past Friday. I think it looks good on my piano.


In my Jr. High Girls Sunday School class this morning, we went over the Lord's Supper for our lesson.   I have to say, teaching those young ladies is such a blessing to me.   After our lesson we chatted for a few minutes, and they have planned on decorating the classroom.  I think it is going to look cute when it is all done.  I asked them, as we were wrapping it up, "so your going to make it a"girlie girl" room?" The reply was "yes but not with a lot of pink."  :)   "Cool!"   It is good to see them excited about the class and wanting to make it their own.

I guess that's all I have for now.

Here's wishing you a wonderful week ahead.

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham