Sunday, May 19, 2013

Highs and Lows

This past week has been a week of highs and lows.  

After a weekend of college graduation, Mother's day and 24th wedding anniversary and a new great-niece being born last week; this week has been a trial at times but there have been blessings too.

I didn't make it through the day at work Monday due to an abscess tooth, which I found out Tuesday morning at the dentist... needless to say I was out that day too.   Am taking antibiotic and am scheduled to have the tooth extracted this coming Tuesday.  Didn't really start feeling human again until late Wednesday. - Low

I found out Tuesday one of my friends younger brother was murdered. - Low

I received a message from my husband on Wednesday saying that we will start getting help on his Humira shots, so that he can start taking them again.  Since my layoff in January, I have no insurance until sometime in July.  So David has had to stop the shots, as we can't afford them.  He had started suffering more and I was beginning to worry about his condition.   I have faithfully prayed the Lord would take care of the situation and He has. - High

Friday I visited with my parents and found out two of my aunts passed away. - Low

Then my mom gave me an update on here condition.  She found out she does not have Parkinson's disease but instead bulging disks that are pinching her nerves which is putting her in a lot of pain and making it hard for her to walk.  We are very thankful it wasn't Parkinson's, as the doctor suspected, and that she can be treated with physical therapy.  - High

I spent a day with my daughter on Saturday.  We went flea marketing together.  We haven't had a day with just the two of us for a while and we had a nice day.  - High

This morning at church, I saw a Sister in Christ who attends another church.  We use to work together, but haven't seen each other since the layoffs as Stark.   I truly miss her and other Sisters in Christ I worked with.   It was a blessing to see her.  - High

Next Sunday, I will begin teaching teenage girls in Sunday school.

 I am looking forward to it.

I have been praying about the lesson and the Lord has begun putting one together in my heart and mind.


My son, Josh, turned 22 this week.  Boy, has the time flown by.  I asked him if he wanted me to bake him a cake or make a banana pudding for him.  He told me the tub of ice cream in the freezer was enough, but the thought of the banana pudding has stuck with me so I'm going to make one this week.

I'm ready to start the new week though I'm not looking forward to my dentist appointment Tuesday.

As I reflect over this past week, I remember singing this song at times.  I sang this song for a special at church a couple of weeks ago and it helped me out this week.  


That catches me up for this week.  I hope all has gone well for you.

Here's wishing you a wonderful week ahead!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia



4 comments:

  1. Aren't we glad God dose not leave us when we have a hard week!!!
    Love you, Patsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is awesome He is always with us. :)

      Delete
  2. I hope this week has been an improvement, with lots more 'highs' and not many 'lows'.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham