Sunday, May 12, 2013

He's Graduated!!

I'm so proud of my son.  He received his Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry today.

 I was able to get a few pictures afterwards.  


I love this picture of Josh and David laughing together over something they were talking about.

making the "stoic" face   :)
Then I took this one, which Josh very rarely takes a picture seriously and will make a face.  :)

I will say though, during the commencement he behaved and let the photographers take his picture without making a face.

giving the "raised eyebrow" face.  :)
Then David took this picture for me.   As you can see, I'm a proud mom.  :)

David and I enjoyed lunch with our son, before he took off to spend the rest of the day with friends.

Audre didn't get to attend Josh's graduation as she had a band competition and field trip today.  She had a good time and the band did very well.  If I understand it correctly they brought home a huge trophy.  Audre was so tired when she got home this evening it was hard to get much information out of her. :)

Since David and I had the afternoon free and it was a beautiful day, we decided to play a round of Put-Put golf.   Here's our score card.   The first half of the first nine, did me in.  I'm using the excuse that I had to adjust to playing in heels.  :0)   But considering that, I'm happy with my score.  I scored one over Amateur Par.  David however, as usual, did much better.  He scored Pro Par.  :0)


I've been seeing these wild flowers on the side of the road.  So today, on the way home I asked David to pull over so that I could take a picture.  They start out a darker pink then fade to a lighter pink, then white, as they age.   I think they are pretty.


Before I sign off, I have a prayer request.

My nephew Sam was injured in football practice this week.  I learned yesterday he has a tear in his spleen. He is in a lot of pain and in the hospital.  They are keeping a close eye on him, as he may have to have surgery.  Last night he had been give three pints of blood, but I have just now read that he is doing better and may get to be release from the hospital tomorrow.  Please remember him in your prayers.

Until next time,
God bless and keep you,
Sonia

2 comments:

  1. We both had son's graduate college this month. Wonderful! Hope your nephew is doing better.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham