Friday, May 10, 2013

Children in the trees...

Hello,
On the way home from work this evening, I saw a sight that brought a smile to my face.   I was passing through a small town, Roseville, AR; when I saw an adult looking up in a tree and in the tree were six to seven children sitting on limbs, looking down. They were having a conversation of some sort. The sun was shining just right to where the childrens' bright t-shirts shown like jewels among the leaves.



My son, Joshua, graduates from college tomorrow morning.   The past four years have flown by, for me anyway.  :)   He is an Honor Student getting his Bachelor's degree in Chemistry.  I'm very proud of him, he has been on the Dean's list the past three years.   I will try to get good pictures of his graduation and post them.

David and I asked Josh what he would like for his graduation.   He has been wanting a viola or violin.  David found violin this week and we gave it to Josh.   He has been practicing and believe it or not he hasn't made it squawk yet.   The Lord has truly blessed him with musical talent.



I found out Audre had a painting in the Paris branch of the Subiaco Credit Union.   I asked David to take a picture of it as my work hours won't allow me to go in and see it.

This picture was done in a class where they were asked to paint a portrait in non-traditional colors.









Here are some needles cases I've been working on. They are made from wool-felt.  Aren't they cute?
  

This is the needle case, the quilt guild I belong to was asked to make for the upcoming Quilt Congress.  I have two more to make before our next meeting.   The needle case would go together fast with a sewing machine, but I decided to sew them by hand.  It takes a little longer but it's therapeutic.  The lap-desk they are laying on is a early Mother's Day gift from my daughter. :)

That's all I have for this evening.

Here's wishing you a Sunshine filled Saturday!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you do have truly talented children. I love the self portrait and wish I could hear your son play. My daughter is a lover of music as well and has several string instruments. My son is the artist. They amaze us don't they?
    I'll bet that was an awesome sight seeing the kids in the tree. I got a spankin' once for climbing in a fruit tree... lol.
    Now those are some cute and unique needle keepers.
    Blessings,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! Seeing those kids in the tree brought back memories too. lol

      I feel truly blessed with my two children and am amazed they are as talented as they are. :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to your son. What an awesome gift.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham