Saturday, March 23, 2013

Thanks!

Friday:  this morning after my Bible study time, I checked my email.  I realized that I had not looked at it for a few days and boy did I have the emails!   I would up deleting three pages of emails consisting of things I get as daily updates and of course there is always junk mail.   As I was cleaning out my email I heard the rain falling on the roof.  It was coming down hard and I prayed it would let up before I had to drive to work. Thankfully it did.

I'm typing this section during my lunch break, as it is too chilly and damp for liking to go out.   I thought I'd share my cubicle with you.  I'm not allowed to decorate, like I did at my last job, but that's okay.  I have brought in a little bit of color with my mug rug; a little clock and the tissue box.

I also have my one of my favorite quotes hanging on my wall.

~Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God's grace, and your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of  God's grace.~

The office did a fund raiser for Relay for Life and served soups, salad, rolls and desert, all for $5.00.  I had a potato soup.  It was different from any potato soup I've had in the past.  It had potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and I think some ham and rosemary.  I also got a peanut butter cookie.  It was yummy.

On Wednesday, I felt like I had to get out of the office.  On my lunch break I went to a flea market/antique shop, just down the road from the office.  While I was there, I found a booth that had everything 75% office.  I bought this cute little patriotic bunny and ornaments.

Can you guess how much I spent?
$2.10,  $0.42,  $1. 05,  $0.84


Today:  it has been a damp rainy day.   I got the rest of the fabrics, for my Log cabin quilt, cut today.  Thank goodness!

The pattern is Log Cabin with a Chain and I realized that I will have to sew the contrasting 2 inch blocks to some of the longer strips, before I can begin quilting the blocks as I go.


My parents came over for a visit, with my second cousin, CW.  He is around 12 years old.

We played the game of bowling and it was a lot of fun.  :)
 
CW won the first game and my Dad won the second game.

My Mom brought a scarf she made for me to wear.   It goes well with this blouse.  I think she did an awesome job.  Thanks Mom!  :)

I guess that's all I have for now.

Here's wishing you a wonderful weekend!!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Lots of stuff going on - I go to thrift stores on my lunch sometimes in the summer too - good to clear the mind! Have a good week! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham