Sunday, March 3, 2013

It all started with...

Today, I got to spend time with family.   My brother was putting in a new door.  We went over and my husband and other brother helped him get the door installed.   While they were working on the door I visited with my mom, dad, sisters-n-law, my daughter, nephew and niece.

Of course I had fun playing games with the little ones.  

It all started with Lucan, he was playing Temple Run.  I'm amazed at how that 3 year old little boy can keep up with the game.






Then he gave me a funny face.









We played Candy Land together and he won, of course.  :)

He made so many cute and some serious comments, about the games and the work that was going on.   Spending time with him reminded me just how smart the little tykes can be.

Later, Faith arrived.   She was ready for a nap, so we let her rest.  Then a little while later she woke up, so I went to get her.   It took her a little bit to warm up to everyone, after waking, but it didn't take long.

It's hard for me to believe she is already walking.

Time sure flies by.
In this picture she
 is bouncing, mimicking 
Lucan as he jumps around.
 At one point she stopped and graced me with this cute little smile.   I'm glad I was able to catch it on camera.


Then she discovered Lucan's play kitchen set.







Here they are playing together.







Spending time with my nephew and niece brings back fond memories of when my children were small.  The time, I spent with them today, inspired this little poem.

Lucan and Faith
Spend time with a child,
 and hold it dear.
Cherish the smiles,
 and laughter you hear.
You will be uplifted, 
and filled with joy.
I am,
 when I spend time,
 with this little girl and boy.
Sonia Parham 3-2-13

Here's wishing you blessed Sunday!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham