Saturday, March 2, 2013

Catching Up

It's been a few days since I last wrote.   Hope everything is going good for you.

I've been working on the log cabin quilt.  I was going to wait until I finished it to share it; but I took a picture of the fabrics I'm using, earlier in the cutting stage, and thought I would share them with you.  I think it is going to turn out pretty.

The log cabin has a chain running through it.  The chain is done with the red fabric.

The larger piece, shown at the bottom of the picture, is the backing.

I plan to use the "quilt as you go" method. That way, when I'm finished sewing the blocks together, all I will have to do is bind it and label it.

♣ ♣ ♣ 

The interview I had on Tuesday went well ~ just waiting on the result.  I will know, by next Friday, if I am hired or not.

I'll consider it a good thing either way.

It will be good if I get the job, but if I don't, I will consider it practice for the next interview; since it had been several years from the last time I interviewed for a job.  :)

♣ ♣ ♣  

Yesterday, I spent most of the day with my parents.   We went to a new antique & flea market shop, for me anyway, and I found an oil lamp I like.  It is not antique or vintage but it is made in the USA and I like the style.  Plus, it only cost $7.  :)


♣ ♣ ♣

Today, I tried something new.

I have several knit patterns for dish cloths, afghans and such but am not a knitter.  I have tried knitting with needles in the past with no success.

However, I can crochet.  

I found the Knook!  Knitting with a crochet hook.  Go figure.

So, I followed the beginner instructions, practiced a little bit and then took the leap.

Here is the beginning of an eternity scarf I am knitting.


♣ ♣ ♣

I think I'm caught up now, on what's been going on in my world.


Until next time,

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on knitting! I can knit, but not crochet, so I understand somewhat of what you've got going on there. And, congratulations on the interview - practice, or job, still, good.on.ya!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham