Monday, February 11, 2013

"Slow Down"

Last night, I sat down and scheduled out my week.


So how's that working out for me?

Well, today I didn't get everything I had planned done.  As you know my mornings are for job hunting and afternoons for projects.  Today, when I finished with job applications and such, I realized it was 3:00 p.m.   Thus, my afternoon was shot.  That's okay though, as least I have my name in on a few more job opportunities.

I will catch up on projects tomorrow.  

This afternoon, it struck me as I walked to my mailbox, of what a beautiful day the Lord blessed us with.   It seems I tend to over look those simple blessings when I'm busy.  I'm glad I had that moment to "slow down".  :)

Now, we're expecting some snow tomorrow.  Gotta love Arkansas weather.  :)

♥ ♥ ♥

One Pan Meal

This evening I cooked a cabbage/rice casserole.   I found a recipe in one of my cookbooks, but like usual, I didn't have everything it called for or I thought I could add to it to change it up.  Today it was little of both.   So here's what I came up with.

Cabbage/Rice Casserole
Cabbage/Rice Casserole served with tortilla chips and pepperoncinies
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 head of cabbage - chopped
1/4 onion - chopped
2/3 cups uncooked rice
1 can chili beans
1 can diced stewed tomatoes
1 can chicken broth
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 Tbsp cumin
salt and pepper to taste

  1. Heat oven to 400° F
  2. In a skillet combine ground beef, onions, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and cook until ground beef is done.
  3. While beef is cooking, grease a baking pan and add chopped cabbage to pan.
  4. When beef is done, add rice, chili beans, diced stewed tomatoes and mix well.  Pour meat mixture over cabbage in baking pan.  Pour the chicken broth over all.
  5. Cover pan with foil and bake in oven for 50 - 60 minutes.

♥ ♥ ♥

VALENTINE
~above all things, remember God loves you~

This is a simple but heartfelt valentine to give your sweetheart.  I did a crocheted version of this a few years back for my husband.  He used the crocheted heart pocket as a coaster for a long time, until I changed it out.  :)

Here's what you need...
  • Coordinating papers, I used pink and a mottled colored paper.
  • Coordinating color yarn, I used hot pink.
  • Large eyed needle
  • Hole punch
  • Scissors

Take pink colored paper (or the color of your choice) and cut out two hearts the same size, they should be big enough to create a pocket.

Punch holes around the edges of the hearts and use the yarn to sew them together to create a pocket. You can use any stitch you want.  I used a crisscross stitch.

Using coordinating colored paper, cut out smaller hearts and write the reason you love your sweetheart on them.   Stuff them in your heart pocket.   Leave them for your sweetheart where they will find it easily on Valentine morning.

♥ ♥ ♥

Here's wishing you terrific Tuesday!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

2 comments:

  1. My granddaughters will love your valentine project.
    Thank you for sharing the recipe and good luck with your job hunting.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham