Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Lil' Izzy...

Here is lil' Izzy the Iguana.  He was suppose to be an alligator but since I used a light green and dark green yarn, his coloring is more like a lizard of some sort, thus his name.

I will make another in a solid color and it will be more like a lil' gator. :)

♥ ♥ ♥

This evening the Logan County PieceMakers had their monthly meeting.   It was good to see everyone again.   The last time we met was in December, due to the weather being bad in January.

There were several quilts and quilt tops shown.  All beautiful of course. :)   

The program given this evening was on a new way to baste a quilt, using boards.  Now I know you are wondering, boards?...  so I looked up on YouTube and found a video by Sharon Schamber.


 I think this method would work great for tying a quilt too.

Here is the quilt we will be giving away this Fall.   Tickets for this quilt will be available in March.  It is a beautiful quilt and this picture does not do it justice.


♥ ♥ ♥
That's all I have for now.

Until next time, 
God bless and keep you,
Sonia

4 comments:

  1. Love your quilts, every year I say I am going to take a beginners quilting class, maybe this year. Your work is lovely. Lecia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lecia! The guild creates a beautiful quilt each year as one of our fund raisers. I have learned a lot from the ladies in the guild who have more quilting experience. If you can get involved with a quilt guild in your area, I think you would enjoy it, learn a lot and I know you will gain new friends. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Sonia! Not sure if you saw my latest post, but in case you haven't, I'm just stopping by to let you know that you won the giveaway at my blog for the Chrissie Grace Print! Please email me (see button on my sidebar) with your address and I will forward to Chrissie! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham