Saturday, January 19, 2013

Weekends...

Weekends...
It doesn't matter what type of week you've had, the weekend is usually a time to relax and mellow out.

This morning, I realized I didn't have to wonder if the phone was going to ring, in regard to an interview. That was nice.

Though I stay busy, when I'm not job hunting, I wonder when I will get a call.  It was nice, not to have that hovering over me today.   I did get a response from one job I applied for and will not be working for them, so that's one I won't be wondering about.  :0)

I cooked scones today.   My scones don't look pretty but they're good.

Here's the recipe.

Orange Scones
  1. 1 cup all-purpose flour
  2. 1 cup whole wheat flour
  3. 2 ½ tsp baking powder
  4. 1/4 tsp salt
  5. 3 Tbsp sugar
  6. 1/3 cup cold butter
  7. 1/3 cup milk
  8. 1 egg
  9. 1/2 cup mandarin oranges, drained and chopped
  10. Additional sugar
Heat oven to 400° F.
Mix first 5 ingredients together, cut butter into the flour mixture until it resembles course crumbs.  In a separate bowl mix the milk and egg together, then add to the dry mixture until it is moistened.  Add the mandarin oranges.  Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until a good dough forms, 6-10 times, form the dough into a 7-8" circle, cut into eight wedges.  Place the wedges on a greased baking sheet with about an inch between.  Cook for 18 - 20 minutes, or until golden brown.

I think this recipe would be good too, if you change the fruit to maybe cherries or raisins.  I think chocolate chips would be good too.  :0)

♥ ♥ ♥

VALENTINE
~ above all things - remember God loves you ~



Click on image, then when it pulls up, click the image again to go to instructions on how to make this valentine.

♥ ♥ ♥

I've added new things to my To Make and Wear tab.  Check it out.  :0)

That's it for now.

Until next time...

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham