Friday, January 25, 2013

Purple...

Hello,
I thought I would try something new today.  So I decided to crochet a little critter.

I named him Pablo.

Meet Pablo the Purple Hippo.  

  Isn't he cute!


The pattern for this little cutie can be found in a crochet pattern book titled,  "Vanna's Choice Easy 
Crochet Critters".



♥ ♥ ♥

Yesterday, I got a little frustrated and decided to bake my way out of it.  :0)

I went to my pantry, looked around, didn't have much but decided to throw something together with what I had.  Wasn't sure how it was going to turn out, but am happy to report it turned out delicious.

This Southpaw's Cinnamon Bread
  1. 2 cups flour
  2. 2/3 cups sugar
  3. 1/2 teaspoon salt
  4. 2 teaspoons baking powder
  5. 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
  6. 1 egg
  7. 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled down a bit
  8. 1 1/2 cups milk

Heat oven to 350° F.
In a large bowl mix the first 5 ingredients well.  Add egg, melted butter and milk.  Mix well.  Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan.  Bake for 50 minutes or until it tests clean with a toothpick.  When it cools you can make a simple glaze to drizzle over the top.  

The glaze I made was confectioner's sugar, a little milk, 1/8 tsp of cinnamon and 1/8 tsp of vanilla, all whisked together until smooth.

♥ ♥ ♥

VALENTINE
~ above all things - remember God loves you ~

Check out how to make this awesome valentine from one of my blogger friends.

click the link below the picture

♥ ♥ ♥

Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: Ephesians 1:2-3

♥ ♥ ♥

Here's wishing you a wonderful weekend!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

2 comments:

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham