Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas concert and sweet bread recipe

Hello,

I trust this finds you doing well.

Once again I became bored with my blog background and changed it.  

Today, I enjoyed a Christmas concert by the Paris School Bands.   I tried to get pictures, but the lighting wasn't good and my camera just isn't up to snuff.  Here is one picture I got of the high school band as they were setting up.   
I am so proud of both of my children.  My son, who is now 21 is a good musician and my daughter amazes me each time she plays the drums.   Today, I enjoyed hearing her play the drums, sleigh bells and sand blocks.  She is truly blessed with rhythm.  

I know it is the Christmas season, but it sure doesn't feel like it outside.  Today we were in the upper 50s to low 60s.  Go figure.   Grant it, I was chilled most of the day.  I got cold this morning and just never truly warmed back up.

Yesterday morning, I made a sweet bread from scratch.   I had a recipe, but didn't have all the ingredients, so I tweaked it to meet my needs and renamed it.  :)

Here's the recipe.

Sweet Wheat Bread
  1. 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  2. 2/3 cups sugar
  3. 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  4. 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  5. 1 tsp. baking powder
  6. 1 tsp. baking soda
  7. 1 cup milk
  8. 1 egg
Mix the first 6 ingredients together, set aside.  Add egg to milk and whisk together.  Pour and mix the milk mixture with the dry ingredients.  Mix well.   Put in a greased or non-stick sprayed pan.  Let stand for 20 minutes and heat oven to 350°F.  Bake for 30-35 minutes or until it tests done with a toothpick.
This bread is good served with coffee of your choice.  It is also good spread with butter or topped with fresh whipped cream.

Well, I guess that's all I have for this evening.

Here's wishing you a Marvelous Monday!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia




4 comments:

  1. The sweet bread recipe sounds delicious! Thanks for linking up with us for Mommy Moments Monday!
    TheNotQuiteMilitaryWife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to go to the grandkids Christmas concerts. It just makes it so special.
    TFS your bread recipe ~ sounds yummy!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham