Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Being Real and the Parade Continues

Good morning!

As I went through my morning routine this morning, there was something that stuck with me.

Luke 23:39-43 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.  But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Doest not thou fear God, seeing thou are in the same condemnation? And we indeed justly, for we receive due reward of our deeds; but this man hat done nothing amiss. And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into they kingdom.  And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Grace is giving something when it is not deserved.   As I read scripture this morning, I began thinking of the whole crucifixion scene.  All those who were pious, righteous and good people were mocking the Lord Jesus Christ and yet a man who was not versed in "religion" knew who Jesus truly was.  

I use to be the person who knew the "rules of religion", played the part well.  So well, I had others convinced I truly believed all I said and did.  

Well, I was outwardly talking and doing all the right things, but talking and doing the right things doesn't make it right.  You know?  

It's not about what I can do or what I do, it all about what Jesus Christ did.  He died for the sins of everyone on this earth.

It's about being "real" with your relationship with Christ, and not about being "good".

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Quilt Parade Continues...

























 









++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Have a great day!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham