Friday, September 7, 2012

Special Edition...

Hello,

We had another storm blow through this evening and it brought cooler temperatures with it.  It was in the upper 90s this afternoon and now it is 74°.  I'm glad to see the cooler temps and the rain, we have another line moving our way and are under a sever thunderstorm warning until midnight.

Okay... enough weather talk.  :)

My husband and I went flea marketing today.

I found this dish.  I like the way it looks.


It has a diamond cut type pattern on the bottom and vertical cuts on the side walls.  I like too, that it has silver lid.   Believe it or not, I got it for under $3.  The vendor was having a major sale.

I also found an interesting newspaper.


 It was a special edition.

I took a picture and then tried to find out more about it when I got home.   I wasn't able to find much, but I think it is from 1940 - 1943.  I know it came from Chicago and I'm guessing it is the 25th edition.  It had Chicago 25 in the line right above the bold front page article,

OPPORTUNITY FOR WOMEN TO EARN $23.00 WEEKLY!  

Boy, how times have changed.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Next week, at work, we begin to have to wear our ID/security badges full time.  

I don't like wearing a lanyard around my neck so I decided to use a zip reel (I guess that's what you call it).  : )   

They are plain looking so I decide to dress it up.   

I took four felt flower shapes and stitched them together and then super glued them to the reel.  

I'm thinking about making more to change out for the holidays.




Hope all going well in your neck of the woods.  I guess that's all I have for this evening.

Have a great weekend!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham