Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Seeing a pattern develop...


Hello, 

My day started out dark.   So dark that I sent a text to my husband and some close friends asking them to pray for me because I was suffering from a dark spirit.   A little later in the morning I was talking to friend about it and asked her to pray also.  She asked if it could be from my job or circumstance with my family.  I told her I didn't think so and then began to talk it out.

I began to see a pattern.   The darkness has been trying to get me down for some time.  As I was telling her about it, I realized that each time I made a decision on a service for the Lord, the darkness would get worse.  I knew then it was satan working against me.   After all, he's not worried about the ones he already has.  One of his joys is to cause the children/followers of Jesus Christ to stumble.   Once I realized what I was against, I could, with the power of God, overcome it.   With my husband and friends praying and with my knowledge that satan has no true power over me, I was able to say "satan get behind me, Jesus Christ is master of my life and you have no power over me".   It's amazing how believing and speaking Jesus’ name, will make satan run.

Ephesians 6: 12-17 - 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood,but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



As you know, Autumn is my favorite season, so I decked out my cubicle today for this time of year.

 

 










++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
We had a good night at AWANA.   Here we are in counsel time.


Each week we learn about a missionary.  Tonight we learned about missionaries in Thailand.

We also talked about making choices.

The verse for this evening was Matthew 7:7 "ask and it will be given you; seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you."


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


That's all I have for this evening.

Here's wishing you a Terrific Thursday!!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

6 comments:

  1. So glad you had friends that can pray with you through these tough situations. Yes the enemy is working overtime. Keep the faith, the Lord is always faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I added a prayer for you, too. And you certainly are a nifty cubicle decker outer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sonia, nice to meet you! I would love to learn to quilt. Love all of your crafting treasures! Sounds so interesting going to your class and learning about the different missionarys each week. Lecia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lecia, nice to meet you too! :) Thanks for your kind words and stopping by.

      Delete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham