Saturday, September 8, 2012

Diet kicked the bucket, but I enjoyed every bite :)

Hi,

Today the LORD has blessed me with another beginning of a new year of life.  September is a special month to me for more than one reason.  It's my physical birth month and it is my spiritual birth month.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
NIV - 2 Corinthians 5:17 

So I'm physically 45 and spiritually 16 years old this month.

My day started out with my husband cooking breakfast - biscuits, gravy and scrambled eggs.  Yummy!

Then we had pizza for lunch.  Yummy again!

Then for our evening meal, he fixed one of my favorites - taco salad.  YUMMY!

If you haven't already noticed.... my attempts at healthy eating was thrown out the door today, but I enjoyed every bite.

I just finished off, my selection for "birthday cake" - strawberry swirl cheesecake.  Yep, the diet kicked the bucket with that yummy slice.

My hubby and kids gave me cute and humorous birthday cards.  One of the many blessing I've been given is smiles and laughter throughout my life.



I also got a cover/carrying case for my sewing machine.  I've been wanting one for a while.  It will come in handy the next time I have a quilting day and have to take one of my machines with me.

I received a surprise visit today too.  My mom and dad along with one of my aunts and her boyfriend, dropped by the house today to wish me happy birthday.  My dad sang the happy birthday song to me.  I'll never be too old for that.  : )

Thank you to all my friends and family who have called, emailed and posted happy birthday wishes!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It was a beautiful day today and earlier I took this picture of my ground cover rose.  I'm amazed at how resilient it is.





David got this close up of a grasshopper,





and here is another "fickle-stick" ring I made.

My daughter and I went to the library this morning.  I'm reading a new author for me.  The book is titled The Duchess and the Dragon by Jamie Carie.

I think it is going to be good.

Here's a trailer about it.   http://youtu.be/M-gQpd8TnqE


I guess that's it for now.

Have blessed Sunday!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

8 comments:

  1. Happy belated Birthday! Sorry I'm late. I'm trying to get caught up with my blog reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl! Good luck on catching up, I know how it is, I've gotten behind on stuff too. :)

      Delete
  2. I аm rеally inspired with your writing abilities аnd also wіth the structure to уour blog.

    Is that this a paid topіc or did уou modify it your ѕelf?
    Anywаy κeep up the nice quality writіng, іt is uncommon tο peer a gгeat weblog like this one thеse days.
    .
    Also visit my web-site ; Led flashlight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so sorry it took me so long to respond. My blog is not a paid topic, just my life one day at a time. :0)

      Delete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham