Sunday, August 19, 2012

There It Sits...

Hello,

it's been eleven days since I last wrote.  I hope all has gone well for you.

I feel like my brain is just worn out... we are in the process of getting environmentally compliant at work.  There are a lot steps to follow and/or make sure our company has standards in place to make sure we are following federal, state and local regulations.   That alone probably explains why I've been too burned out to write of late.


These three pieces of fabric have been haunting me to make a small quilt.    I had plans on doing so this weekend or at least starting on it, but alas that did not happen.  

So there it sits, at my sewing machine, just waiting for me to get out of this funk I'm in.


At some point in time, in the past week or so, I laid out this wall hanging but have yet to sew it together too.


As I stated the last time I wrote, I have joined a weight loss program at work.   My first weigh in was last Monday.  I gained .3 of a pound but lost inches, so I was a little disappointed but also pleased.  :)

I have walked a total of 8 miles over the past week.  Tomorrow is weigh in and hopefully I have done better than last Monday.  I am tracking my progress or lack thereof at www.sparkpeople.com

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WEEKLY RECIPE

I'm sharing a recipe my husband made this afternoon.  It is from "Favorite Recipes of America - Desserts", 1968.  As it name suggests, it is yummy!

Chocolate Yummy
by Mrs. Roy M. Bowen, Woodland, Washington

2 cups milk
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla

Heat 1 1/2 cups milk in double boiler.  Mix dry ingredients together in bowl pressing the chocolate lumps against side of bowl.  When thoroughly mixed, stir in remaining milk.  Add to hot milk in double boiler; still until thickened.  Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.  Pour into individual containers.  Yield: 4 servings.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, that's it for now.   Here's wishing you a wonderful week ahead.

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

4 comments:

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham