Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spark of Truth...

Hello,

Often times we experience things that aren't pleasant and we react.  We react at the time it happens and we react after the fact.
Microsoft clip art

How do you deal with something like that?

Do you dwell on it, let it control you?

Do you try to process it, learn from it and move on?

I use to dwell on those bad situations, letting them control me.  Letting worry and fear control my actions.  It was a horrible way to live, always wondering what would happen next or if what you dreaded worse. would happen.

Then one day I read a verse, that changed my way of thinking.

For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. ~ 1 John 3:20

This verse let me know that no matter my fears or worries, God was stronger than them and He is in control of all things.

Then today's verse on my sidebar, says it all.

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. ~ Philippians 3:13,14

It means, though I don't have a hold on it, I let go of the past and move forward, looking for the return of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

So, though I may have regrets, I am able to learn from them and move forward.  With this spark of truth, life is much easier to face.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Have a marvelous Monday!!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia




6 comments:

  1. I often let things that happen control my heart as well. I need to memorize this verse and keep it in my heart. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise words for sure. Thanks for sharing. :o)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sweet reminder Sonia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your supporting comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Sonia! Did you peek into my journal this morning? I so appreciate the scripture verses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan. :) no peeking on this side.

      Hope you are having a great week. :)

      Delete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham