Thursday, March 29, 2012

No Matter What...

Hello!

It has been a busy week indeed.

I walked in to work this morning with tears in my eyes.  They were thankful tears.

I heard a song on the way to work that touched my heart.  I didn't hear it all, as I only live 7-10 minutes away, on a bad day.    The words I heard though, spoke to me.

Well... I did some research and found the song.



No matter how many mistakes are made, no matter what's been done in the past or what will be done in the future, Jesus Christ gave His life freely because He loves us.   He came down from His throne on high, lived, died and rose again, because He loves us.

If you haven't heard the song, listen to it. It is a beautiful song.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WEEKLY RECIPE

This is a casserole that you can adjust to your taste.  It makes a lot, so it's good for pot luck dinners.

Yummy Tater Tot Casserole
2.5 lbs of tater tots
2 medium squash, cut in half lengthwise then sliced
1/4 onion, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1 smoked sausage length, sliced into rounds
2 cans ranch style beans
1 cup of shredded cheese (1/2 cup shredded cheese, set aside for later)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
  • Heat oven to 450° F
  • In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients well, except for the 1/2 cup shredded cheese set aside.   
  • Spray baking pan(s) with non-stick spray.   I had to use a 9"x13" pan and a 9" round pan.  Pour the tater tot mix into pan.   Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese on top.
  • Bake for 30 minutes. 
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I finally finished the cathedral windows piece I started when my dad was in ICU.   The cathedral windows are hand sewn, then the border and backing machine sewn.   I tried out a new stitch on my machine and it did well for awhile then started messing up, but I didn't feel like ripping it out, so it has its flaws. :)


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I guess that's it for this evening.

Have a fabulous Friday!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham