Thursday, March 1, 2012

In like a lion...

Hello!

"In like a lion, out like a lamb."

March certainly blew in today.  It was a beautiful but windy day, here in Arkansas.

My dad is now out of ICU and into a regular room.  He is slowly recovering, but in my mind, every little step forward is much more than not.  

This morning, before I arrived at the hospital, he called my mother's name.  "Linda, help", is what mom told me he said.  He also tried to get up, but was too weak to do so.  He has been responding well to the nurses and doctors, when he is awake.   

Mom and I have noticed a pattern... When he is awake for most of the day, he will then sleep most of the next day.   He has however been awake for a few hours, even on his "sleeping" days. 

The nurses/doctors are going to try sitting him up and possibly testing him tomorrow on an ice chip to see if he can swallow without any trouble.  If so, they will then try him on food and drink.   He still has he traceotamy and still receiving the least percentage of oxygen.   I expect them to take him off the oxygen soon.  

Tomorrow will be my last day staying with mom and dad at the hospital.   I will be resting over the weekend, as I need to go back to work next week.   It will be hard for me, as I want to be there to make sure everything is going okay,  but I have handed it over to God and will trust Him to do His will. 

Thank you all for the well wishes and prayers!

I hope all is well with you all.  I have gotten behind on reading your blogs and will try to catch up over next few weeks.   I need to get back with my weekly recipe and block of the month.  Hopefully I will be able to start back on them next week.   

I finished a scarf today.    I'm having to charge my camera battery up, but will post pics of my crochet accomplishments over the last three weeks.

Falling asleep, as I type.... Until next time have a great day!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

4 comments:

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham