Thursday, March 15, 2012

Explore and Find

Hello!

This is the first night, I have felt rested enough to actually write my blog, other than updating on my dad.   He is still doing well and improving.  :)

I will try to catch up a little with what's been going on with me, otherwise.

My daughter and I am continuing to explore flea markets, we have not been to, in our area.

Here are some of our finds.

  • a pair of candle sticks 
  • a old blue, heart shaped bottle with cork
  • another pretty plate
  • 7 new thimbles for my collection
  • a bobbin spool


I fell for this 1950's Singer Featherweight, but was 400 dollars short.  :(

It was a beauty, in mint condition, with original case and tools.

I think that was probably the first time, I truly felt regret at not being able to purchase my find.  :)


Okay, enough about my flea market finds.


It has been in the 70's and 80's this week.  I have irises coming up, more lilies blooming and even my miniature rose bushes are looking pretty and green.

Hopefully they will not get hit by a cold snap, but a lot of times, around Easter we will have a cold spell.  I guess I'll see in a few weeks.  :)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Microsoft clip art

Microsoft clip art

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Microsoft clip art


I haven't worked on much of my crafts this week.  

I hope to get back in the groove, this weekend and next week.






++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I guess that's it for this evening.  

Here's wishing you a fabulous Friday!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sonia -

    I'm glad your Dad is improving. :)

    I also have a thimble collection, but haven't added to it since my husband died. We liked to pop into antique malls and see if we could find something unique, but not too pricey.

    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham