Thursday, February 9, 2012

On One Hand...

Hello!   Hope this finds you doing well.  :)

I apologize for being away this week, but it's been a weird week for me, in a way.

On one hand it's been a "blah" week, having my car break down, finding out more are going to be laid off next week, rainy, and chilly.

On the other hand, I have been at peace within, knowing the Lord is with me always.  I have been singing with the Kingdom Bound Quartet and gospel music on the radio in my car.

I haven't really been inspired to write this week, until this morning.

Last night I bought a Chris Tomlin CD.  I listened to it this morning and his song,"How Can I Keep From Singing" came on, and I realized it fit my week. 

Here it is, if you would like to hear the song. 


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WEEKLY RECIPE
This week's recipe is from my friend, Fannie Porter. 
One word to describe it:  YUMMY!

Quick and Easy Cake
by Fannie Porter

1 box Duncan Hines yellow cake mix and ingredients to make it
1 jar applesauce
1 large box strawberry jello
Cool whip or Reddi Wip

Follow directions on cake mix box, bake in a 9X13 pan until done.  Let cool completely.  Slice the cake lengthwise, so you now have 2 layers.   Take the jar of applesauce and the box of strawberry jello and mix together.  Spread between the layers of cake.   Place in fridge until jello is set, about 30 minutes.  Frost cake with whipped topping.    This will keep in the fridge for a week and only gets better. 

It's quick, easy and YUMMY! :)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I thought I'd share a easy organization tip with you.   

My friend Charlotte, showed me a picture of her sewing area.   This is how she keeps up with her embroidery threads.

Use a peg board, attach it to wall or side of cabinet, which ever works best for you.   Insert number of pegs you need for the thread and organize in color, size of spool, or which ever way works the better for you.

This works great for other sewing tools as well, scissor, rotary cutters, rulers....

You can also hang rolls of ribbon, or baskets to hold smaller items.  This will help you save some room by using vertical space.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Microsoft clip art



God does not take away the darkness, 
but He guides us through it.
~ Quilted Hearts~

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What have you been up to this week?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Have a fabulous Friday!!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham