Saturday, February 4, 2012

Creative Twitch


I woke this morning with a creative twitch.  I had nothing planned, so I pulled my scrap fabric tub down and pulled out some scraps and created a mug rug and a coaster.











Then I moved on to another block for my Scripture Afghan.  This one is called the Crown.

I looked it up and I found there are 84 scriptures in the Bible that has the word crown in them.

I won't list all the scriptures, but the books they can be found in are...

Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, 2 Samuel, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Esther, Job, Psalm, Proverbs, Song of Solomon, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Nahum, Zachariah, Matthew, Mark, John, 1 Corinthians, Philippians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Timothy, Hebrews, James, 1 Peter, and Revelation.

The verse the spoke to me this evening was in Proverbs.

A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness to his bones. ~ Proverbs 12:4

I think this verse is a great reminder of how a lady should act.  :)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WEEKLY RECIPE

Pumpkin Cake
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cup Crisco
4 eggs
1 can of pumpkin (16 oz)
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350°.  In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugars, Crisco and eggs.  Beat for 2 minutes, then add pumpkin.  Sift flour, salt and spices together and add gradually to the pumpkin mixture while beating it at low speed.  Once all the ingredients are mixed together, beat it for another 2 minutes on medium speed.  Stir in nuts.  Pour into a greased and floured cake pan and bake for 50 - 55 minutes or until it tests done with a toothpick.   Cool the cake for about 10 minutes,  before removing it from the pan.

This cake is more dense, than most.  I sprinkled powered sugar on top, but it is rich enough to eat as it is.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, it's getting close to midnight, so I guess I better sign off and try to wind down, before I go to bed.


I'm reading a good book called The Spider Catcher.  It takes place during the Revolutionary War. 

It's about an English ship builder, who becomes a doctor and travels to America to practice, gets caught up in the Revolutionary war and begins building ships again to fight against the British.

This is a new author for me and so far I like the story.  :)


Here's wishing you beautiful Sunday!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

2 comments:

  1. I love your mug rug and coaster! So cute! Just wanted to say thank you for leaving a comment on my blog last week. Its always nice to know someone is out there reading. :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham