Thursday, January 12, 2012

Two by Four...


What a cold day it turned out be!  The wind blew, and cut right through you.   I believe, if the wind had not been blowing, it would not have felt as cold as it did.


The cold air today, and my going through paper files at work to clean out all those no longer needed, has done a job on my hands.   They are dry and feel like they could crack at any moment.   This is not a good situation, when one is working with fabric or yarn.

Something I like to use is a cream called Udderly Smooth.  It was developed for dairy cows, but works great for dry chapped skin.   The best part is, it does not leave a greasy feel on your hands that can stain fabrics.   I keep a tube of it in my handbag and have a tub of it in my sewing area.   You can find it on-line or ask your local pharmacist for it.

Today was my Friday at work.  I'm looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The windows on my side of the office, at work,  are drafty and the cool temps put me in mind for hot soup this evening.

WEEKLY RECIPE

2 X 4 Soup

2 lbs ground chuck
2 cans minestrone soup
2 cans rote'l
2 cans pinto beans

In a large dutch oven, brown meat with salt and pepper to taste.  When the meat is done, drain off any fat.  Add the minestrone soup, rote'l, and pinto beans.  Bring to a boil and cook for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.    Serve with cornbread or crackers.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I want to thank you all, for being here to read from time to time, and for the kind comments you leave.


God bless and keep you,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham