Friday, January 27, 2012

Thus far

Hello!

It turned out to be a beautiful day today.   I enjoyed it the best I could, since this was my last Friday scheduled off.   I'm going back to 40 hours next week.   That's good news!  Then in two weeks, I'll be on 20 hours a week, for two weeks, and then back to my regular 40 hours again.  Crazy huh?

I've learned to take my having a job, one day at a time.

If I go in and still have a job, Praise the Lord!

If I go in and no longer have a job, Praise the Lord!, that's the burned out side of me, ha ha.  Seriously though, I have faith, God is going to take care of my needs.  He has thus far.  :)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I've got a yummy, recipe to share today.  
Check it out below.  
It will be on the recipe tab too.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

One of the things I did today was crochet my second block for my Scripture Afghan. This block is called Crosses.

Here's a top and side view, the purple thread makes it hard to see the pattern, but the way it is crocheted, you have two triple crochets crossing over two others.



I did my research and in the KJV, there are 29 scriptures that have the word cross in them.

Obadiah 1:14 (used as crossway)         Matthew 10:38
Matthew 16:24                                    Matthew 27:32
Matthew 27:40                                    Matthew 27:42
Mark 8:34                                           Mark 10:21
Mark 15:21                                         Mark 15:30
Mark 15:32                                         Luke 9:23
Luke 14:27                                         Luck 23:26
John 19:17                                          John 19:19
John 19:25                                          John 19:31
1 Corinthians 1:17                               1 Corinthians 1:18
Galatians 5:11                                     Galatians 6:12
Galatians 6:14                                     Ephesians 2:16
Philippians 2:8                                     Philippians 3:18
Colossians 1:20                                   Colossians 2:14
Hebrews 12:2

I read them all and chose to share Hebrews 12:1-2, with verse 2 underlined.  This is how I can take one day at a time. 

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith: who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of God.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WEEKLY RECIPE

Sweet Apple Banana Saute
by David Parham
4 tablespoons butter
pinch of salt
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
2 bananas sliced

On medium low heat, melt butter in sauce pan, add salt, ginger, cinnamon and brown sugar and stir.

Add sliced apples, stir, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until apples are soft. Be sure to stir at least once or twice, the butter mixture will thicken slightly, like a syrup.  

Add the sliced bananas, stir, turn down heat to low, cover and cook and additional two-three minutes, to heat bananas through.  Remove from heat and serve.   

This very good on its own, but would be delicious on french toast or vanilla ice cream.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Happy Friday to you!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

3 comments:

  1. Thanks! I like buttermilk as they are, but I think you're right, this would be good on them too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you choose for your scripture blanket. And that recipe---YUMMMY! I am going to copy that one, it sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Let me know how it turns out for you. :)

      Delete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham