Saturday, January 21, 2012

Honeycomb, anyone?

Hello,

Worked 'til noon today and then spent time this afternoon reading a manual.  


I've been wanting a serger for some time, and I was blessed to buy a brand new Singer Serger for a bargain this morning. 

My friend, Charlotte, told me about the serger earlier in the week and asked if I was interested.  She knew of a lady who had received the serger as a Christmas gift, who doesn't sew a stitch, and was going to sell it.  I told her if the price was right, I would buy it.  And whoopi! it worked out good for me.  :)

I plan to play with it tomorrow and see how I do.   I will admit, I'm a little concerned about threading it, but I'm sure it will work out fine.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This evening I finished my first block for my Scripture Afghan.   The pattern is called a honeycomb.


Here's a close up of the stitch.








Each block will be a different color and trimmed in white. 

I looked it up, and there are eight verses in the Bible with the word honeycomb.
  • 1 Samuel 14.27
  • Psalms 19:10
  • Proverbs 5:3
  • Proverbs 16:24
  • Proverbs 24:13
  • Proverbs 27:7
  • Song of Solomon 4:11
  • Song of Solomon 5:1
  • Luke 24:42
I read them all, and the one that spoke to me was Luke 24:42.

 And they gave Him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.  

This was when Christ appeared to the eleven after His resurrection.  

He had loved them while He lived, saved them when He died, carried their sins faraway when He was buried, and justified them freely when He arose from the dead.

How awesome is that!  And the really cool part is... He did all that for us too.   

Then, in chapter 24, He returns to them, eats with them and opens their eyes and minds, so that they will understand all that He had taught them.
 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That's it for this evening, hopefully I'll have something to show you from my serger tomorrow. :)

Have a great weekend!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my give away...Good Luck! Wonderful about the serger..I have been wanting one for some time...my next door neighbor just got one and said I could use hers for a bit to see how I liked it...so generous!! I love the Bible verse that spoke to you...wonderful! Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! I think you will like the serger and hope you get one soon. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the bargain! I love finding deals. :)

    Do you have the pattern for that stitch? It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan. Thanks! I have the pattern and asked for permission to share it, but can't due to the copyright stipulations.

      You might be able to find it at freecrochet.com

      Delete
    2. Susan... sorry but I meant free-crochet.com

      Delete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham