Wednesday, December 28, 2011

What a pleasant way to end the year...

Hello!

This morning, a beautiful amaryllis bloom welcomed me as I walked into the kitchen.   I received it about 2 weeks ago from a friend.  

In the past three days, I have watched it go from one bud, to three, then having one open over night, with another beginning to open today.  I think it will be fully open in the morning.  The third bloom will probably be open by the end of the week.





This is a view of it with the sun shining on it, and the background in shadow.












What a pleasant way to end the year, with pretty new blooms.












+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On the way home this evening, I took this picture.  There is only one jet in this picture, but at the time I was taking it, there were eight jets in the air.



++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here's the pot holder I started yesterday.

FRONT SIDE

BACK SIDE

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Another year of Schnibbles
Check out Another Year of Schnibbles.
It is a challenge, to make a small quilt each month.


I think it sounds like fun.  :)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 

Here's wishing you a terrific Thursday!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are gorgeous! I love a good sunset. And the potholder is so pretty - great job! :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham