Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Good Company, Good Food

What a busy day!  

I woke up late.  It's my first day off, what else did you expect?  ha ha ha

I got started on a delicious chicken stew.   I will post it later this week for my weekly recipe.  Anyway, I was cooking my stew, getting ready to add the last few ingredients, at the end of the cooking process and my phone rings.

It's my friend Charlotte, asking me if I was going to help decorate the OEM building for our quilt guild's Christmas party today.

I totally forgot, I was suppose to meet her at 2:00 this afternoon.  As a matter of fact, I didn't even think about what day it was, this morning.  So I finished up my stew and headed over to the OEM building.

This evening we had our Christmas party.



Good company...

Here are the first of the members to arrive.  :)









Good food....

A  local  restaurant, The Grape Vine, catered our  meal.












The table settings...









These are the napkins, folded up like little Christmas trees.  They were paired with an embroidered pin/ornament.  We also placed a fabric bundle to go with each one.

We played "dirty santa" with fat quarters.  The challenge is to create something with the fat quarter you wind up with, and bring it to the next Christmas party, to show off.

The fat quarter I ended up with, is a cute snowman print.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TODAY'S QUESTION

In regard to ornaments, handcrafted or commercial?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well I guess that's if for this evening.

Here's wishing you a wonderful Wednesday!!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

My answer to yesterdays' question.... I like real trees, but usually have an artificial or two.  :)

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful evening.Glad someone reminded you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam. :) Here's wishing you a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham