Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Decorations...


My big tree all lit up...

 My little tree redecorated










A Christmas broom wall hanging



A little Christmas corner








 My olive wood nativity from Bethlehem, hand crafted in the Holy Land.  I found it for $1 at a garage sale.





small white poinsettias






My small snowman collection







These candles have been around since I was a kid... don't have any holders for them at this time.  When I get some I will showcase them with my snowmen.




++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TODAY'S QUESTION

How many Christmas trees do you put up?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Today, I had to work in Russellville for a few hours.  Driving to Russellville from Paris, you tend to lose radio stations and phone service.   Well, I was in the company van, and the radio started cutting out.  So I turned the dial until I came across a clear station.   The station I found played nothing but Christmas music.  So, I sang along with Michael Buble, Elvis Presley, Bing Crosby and several others on the way to my destination.  :)

My last question was, "What is your favorite Christmas memory?"  I would like to share mine with you.

My favorite Christmas memory is of when I was around 7 or 8 and things were tight and us kids new that the gifts would be slim.  Christmas morning I found no presents under our little silver tree.  It was set up on a big green box, so that it could be seen from the front window in our apartment.  

My mom read the Christmas story from the Bible, as is a tradition in my family.  When she was done, my dad said we may as well go ahead and take the tree down.   He lifted the tree off the box and asked me to take the big box out.  I pulled on that box and when I did, bunches of unwrapped toys tumbled out from under it!   My parents explained the love of Christ was shown through others donating the toys to us.   I'll never forget that Christmas.  :)

I guess that's it for now.  

Have a great Thursday!!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

2 comments:

  1. Your Christmas decorations are beautiful!

    I have one large tree and two little ones.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dee! it's beginning to feel a little more like Christmas with the decorations up. :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham