Saturday, November 26, 2011

Weekly Recipe and then some...

Hello All!   

My dad is still in the hospital.   He is doing okay, so far.  They did tests yesterday to see if he has enough veins left, to do another bypass surgery.   However, the doctors will not confer with one another until Monday, so... he is there over the weekend.  My mom is holding up okay.   It's just hard to wait.   You know?    I will keep you posted, the more I learn on his status.  

My daughter and I went flea marketing today.   She found two movies and a book.   I found two books, two book marks, to match, and a pretty Christmas cloth to place on my piano or my cedar chest.   I got it for 50 cents, believe it or not.  My total flea market purchase today was $6.  I thought that was pretty good.  :)



Today was the day Autumn moved in, I think.   It rained all day and when it stopped, a cold front moved in.   I felt it when I stood outside, at the town square with my husband, waiting on the parade and the lighting of the Christmas lights this evening.   


My daughter was in the parade... here she is, playing the snare drum.









I also tried to get a pic of the courthouse, all lit up.  This picture doesn't do it justice though.





++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WEEKLY RECIPE

This week, I'm giving you two recipes.

The first recipe is one I made for Thanksgiving.

Orange-Peach Fluff
2 packages of orange jello
1 tub of cool whip
1 can of peach chunks. drained
1 small bag of mini marshmallows

Make up the jello per instruction on box and let set.   Once the jello is set, mix in cool whip, half of the bag of marshmallows and the peaches.  Make sure the peaches are drained well.... You can adjust the amount of cool whip and marshmallows to your preference.   This is a yummy dessert.




Hot Cocoa Mix in a Jar 
6 1/2 cups powdered milk
1 (5 ounce) package non-instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup powdered chocolate drink mix
1/2 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 
In a large bowl, combine powdered milk, chocolate pudding mix, chocolate drink mix powder, creamer, confectioners' sugar, and cocoa. Divide the mixture between two 1 quart jars. Seal, and decorate as desired. These can be stored in a dry area for up to 3 months.

Attach a tag with the following instructions: Hot Cocoa: Dissolve 1/3 cup cocoa mix in 1 cup boiling water. 
 
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
TODAY'S QUESTION

Did you brave the mobs of Black Friday?  If so, was it worth it?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I started a Christmas wall hanging for my cubicle this weekend.  Actually, it is a two-fold project.  On one hand it is for my cubicle, on the other hand, it is a project I have to show at this years quilt guild Christmas party, because some of the fabric (a fat quarter) that's in it is what I got at last year's party.   I hope to finish it tomorrow.   

I will let you go for now... have a wonderful Sunday!

Thank you all for your friendship!   Hugs!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

My answer to the last question:  an opal.  I got it for $1, and its comparative list price is $273.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham