Saturday, November 5, 2011

Hi.  :)

Went up the mountain today, to try to get some pics of the foliage changing colors.  It was hazy and windy.  I put my camera on the "action" setting in hopes I would get some decent pictures.   Here are a few.

Going up the mountain
Cameron's Bluff





I took some pics of my precious girl...
 
check this one out... she's sitting at the ledge and her first initial is written in the sky... 
Then... she took a pic of me.                                                                                                                      Here's a picture of my hubby too.
 My son was working, so I don't have a pic of him.  :(

The wind was a little nippy, but it was beautiful to be out and looking out over the towns the surround us.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TODAY'S QUESTION

What's the last movie you watched?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As promised, here is the angel and Christmas tree I've been working on.   They are made from pages of a order catalog, I brought home from work.    

I painted the angel white with gilded brass on the wing tips and then sprinkled glitter over it while it was wet.  The head is a wooden ball and the hair is yarn.

I painted the Christmas tree dark green and glittered it while it was wet.  The star is painted with the gilded brass color.     


When I started painting them, yesterday, it was calm outside.  The wind picked up and started to blow about halfway through.   It was a chore to get that glitter to go where I wanted it to.  :)  The angel tried to take flight too!   But, everything managed to turn out okay. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Seeing the pretty foliage today, reminded of a haiku I wrote several years ago.

God's palette for Fall,
Brown, green, yellow, orange, red,
Painting the landscape. 
Sonia R. Parham 4/15/02

I guess that's it for now.    

Have a wonderful weekend!   

God bless and keep you,
Sonia


My answer to yesterday's question: my daughter says I'm most like my mom.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham