Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Hello!   Hope this finds everything going well for you and yours.  :)

Today, was a day of mixed feelings.   On one hand I was very happy at the next four days being off from work and planning to get some project done and planning the meal for tomorrow.

This afternoon, I received news that dampened my spirits.   I found out my dad had a spell last night, where he felt someone was setting on his chest.    My mom called the doctor, who decided to admit to the hospital for monitoring and to set up surgery.   A week or two ago, my dad was told that three of his bypasses were 100% blocked and the other two he has were blocked as well.   He had bypass surgery 12 years ago.

Today dad is doing fine, the tests they ran on him at the hospital this afternoon, all came back good, but they decided to go ahead an monitor him overnight and my mom and dad are waiting to talk to the doctor/surgeon.

So, I'm waiting to see what happens next.  

I have full confidence everything is going to work out fine.    I'm a little worried about my mom.  I know she is stressed to max, which is very understandable.

Please remember my dad and mom in your prayers.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


HAPPY THANKSGIVING AGAIN!!

It seems I can't say it enough.   Thanksgiving is just a great holiday.  It makes you slow down and think of all the things you are blessed with.

Some things I'm thankful for...

First and foremost:  The freedom I have in the Lord.  Without Him, I am nothing.
  • My family -all of my family, full of love and inspiration
  • My friends, those I see every day and those I have here.  I'm thankful for your support and encouragement, every day.
  • the beauty God created for us in nature.
  • My home, vehicle, clothing and food.
  • My job, though it gets stressful at times.
  • My joy of quilting and creating with my hands.
  • Music... I can't imagine not having music.
I could go on, as I'm sure each one of you could create a list a mile long.   I think it is important to be mindful of our blessing every day.   It helps to deal with trial and tribulations we face, when we remember that we have a lot to be thankful for.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TODAY'S QUESTION

What's the best bargain you've ever found at a garage sale or thrift store?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


I'll close for now.

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving my dear friends!!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia


My answer to yesterday's question:  When my husband was very down, medically, to the point I was afraid I was losing, I learned to take one day at a time and to trust in God to take care of things.



3 comments:

  1. Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving too!
    Your Mom and Dad will be in my thoughts and prayers ~ hope everything goes well for your Dad.
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your dad. Hope he is better soon. Be glad you still have him, mine died 2 years ago and had Alzheimers. The best bargain I ever found was at a thrift store earlier this year. I found a Dessert Rose Franciscan thimble for less than $2. They sell online for approz. $155, but I'm not planning on selling it. I also have some of the dinnerware (6 place settings) that I got for free.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham