Friday, November 18, 2011

Block #2

Thank goodness it's Friday!!

This has been one crazy week.   I taught hazardous communications all week long, while getting ready for environmental certification and fighting a head cold.   There was one point, I didn't think I was going to be able to teach the class, because my voice was going out, but I made it through.

I'm doing much better this evening, sitting here sipping a tall mug of hot chocolate and eating a biscuit.

Tonight I'm posting the 2nd block of the month, in my 12 month challenge.   I say challenge, because this is the first time I have done a block of the month and have to be committed.    I will post a recipe tomorrow.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BLOCK OF THE MONTH #2


This month's block is appliqued.     

Here's what you need....

1 -  11" square, your choice of background color
3 - Holly leaves
3 - Berries


You can cut the holly leaves and berries out free hand or use a template.   Here is a template I drew out for my block.   If you do raw edge applique cut out on the line.  If you do turn under applique, but 1/4" outside the line.

Lay the holly leaves down on the 11" square and applique in place.

I did raw edge applique with my sewing machine and used a contrasting colored thread in my bobbin.    

Next lay your berries in place and applique them down.   Now you can embellish with ribbon or embroidery.   I used my sewing machine and stitched a ribbon design on the background.   

Have fun with this block, put your own little twist on it and remember to share your block too.  :)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 

TODAY'S QUESTION

Have you ever won a prize or a contest?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Don't forget to check the giveaways I posted in the previous post.  There are some cute things to win.  :)

I guess I will let you go for now.  Remember to take time to laugh and and share the joy someone.

God bless and keep you,
Sonia


My answer to the last question: Ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham