Sunday, November 13, 2011

Awesome clouds

Hello!

One of the first thoughts I had this morning, was I had not posted the weekly recipe this week.   So here it is...

Easy Taco Salad
1 lb. ground beef (can use turkey)
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 can chili beans or ranch style beans
1 small head of lettuce, torn or chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
shredded cheese
taco or tortilla chips, broken up

in a hot skillet brown the ground beef, salt and pepper to taste.  Drain of any fat.   Open can of chili beans and drain.  Add to browned meat, add chili powder and cumin, stir and let warm on low heat.  While it's warming combine the veggies and tortilla chips in a large bowl.   Pour the warm beef and bean mixture in with the veggies and chips, add shredded cheese and mix well.    Serve with salsa or ranch dressing and additional cheese and chips.   Very easy to make and yummy. 


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When my husband came home this evening, he asked me to take a break from the quilt I was working on, to check out the night sky.   

The clouds were awesome looking, being lit up by the moon.   

I took a pic, but it doesn't do it justice.

I'm just always amazed at the beauty of God's creation.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TODAY'S QUESTION

Do you have any scars?   How did you get them?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 I started reading this book, this weekend.   It is about a Amish preacher's daughter, struggling to follow the rules of her dad/church, and following her heart.      So far, it's been very interesting.

Have you read any good fiction lately?






+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, I guess that's it for tonight.   Keep an eye out for the block of the month.  I plan to post it by Thursday or Friday.  I've got a lot going on this week, so hopefully I'll get it posted on time.  :)

Let me leave you with a little inspiration...

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.  ~ John 14:27


Have a wonderful week!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia


My answer to the last question:  biscuits, gravy, scrambled eggs and bacon.

2 comments:

  1. That taco salad looks delicious! Easy too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michele... Taco Salad is one of my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham