Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I was a cool day...

Surprise!!    When I arrived home after work, I saw three small cantaloupes on the counter.   They came from David's garden!  I thought he had only the one cantaloupe, we ate last week.  



++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tonight was a quilt guild meeting night.  We had a good program, designing a quilt top by using paint chip samples for rooms, like you find at Lowe.s, for example.   The sample room I helped design for, was a rustic looking room.   Lanora (my partner in this crime) and I decided a landscape quilt would look good in the room.  So using the paint chip samples, we came up with a design of a sunset in the mountains, with a large gnarly tree in the foreground.  

On the way home I was inspired to try to make the landscape quilt in small scale, just to see how it turns out. 

I need to finish my big quilt first though... so I will have to wait a week or two.  :)   I'll post pics when I have them.  :)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Today, was a cool day.  It was wonderful!  
It felt like Autumn for sure.  :)

Here's a little poem I wrote about Autumn, in 2002.

Microsoft clip art
A Night in Autumn
The night is cool,
Dark sky, clear.
Stars shining,
Moon so near,
Breath white in the air,
A peaceful time.
Listen to the night sounds.
Crickets play their melody,
Serenading the earth to sleep.
                                 Sonia R. Parham



++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TODAY'S QUESTION

What decade during the last century would you have chosen to be a teenager?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Have a wonderful Wednesday!!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia


My answer to yesterday's question: I hope retired, enjoying my time.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham