Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Contagious...

Hello all!

It was awesome to hear that the amazing light show, in the northern sky, was so close to me yesterday but darn it all I missed it.    I sat out this evening, after dark, in hopes I might catch a glimpse, but alas, I'm too far south this evening.   On the other hand, the stars were beautiful and the crickets and frogs sang a beautiful melody!  :)

So, I came in, dipped myself a bowl of sweetened strawberries and sat down to type.   

Don't my strawberries look yummy? 

They are!
Earlier this evening I began to fold many pages, creating a tree from a softback, actually a huge catalog from work that was going into the recycle bin.   I've never made a paperback tree before, so this was something new for me.   Here is my first attempt.

The catalog I'm using was over 2000 pages and I have another, just like it, to use.  So now, I'm folding pages to create an angel.   I'll post a pic when I get it done.   As to the tree, I'm thinking of painting and decorating it like a Christmas tree, to use as a centerpiece for a table setting.




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TODAY'S QUESTION

What's a goal you have for this year?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This morning I realized it was time to renew my make up.   You know how it is, you use your makeup for a while, and I make mine last as long as possible, then one day it just doesn't cover as well or isn't applying as smoothly as it should.  Is anyone with me this?  

Anyway, later in the day I read a quote from Lady Blessington... "There is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness."... and that quote got the wheels, in my head, turning... remembering the smiles of friends, loved ones and strangers, and how those smiles just lit up the world.
Microsoft clip art


Have you ever noticed how a smile is contagious?   Now that is one contagion I'm willing to catch every day!  :)

 Anonymous
Smiling is infectious,
You can catch it like the flu.
Someone smiled at me today,
And I started smiling too.




++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I guess that's all I have for this evening.   I trust all is going well with you.   If not, please let me know and I will pray for you.  

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia


My answer to the last question:  Nada!

4 comments:

  1. Sweet post friend.
    Smiles are wonderful and really do lift your spirits.
    And boy could I really use some new makeup. My mascara is dead.lol
    Have a happy FALL smiling day
    Trace
    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear Sonia, I've sent a couple of emails that you WON Mystery Monday over at Adventures in Oz (my blog) =) I even touted your name this week. I've not heard back from you =)

    hugZ,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your angel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The strawberries look delicious.
    Your Christmas Tree is looking really cool.
    My goal for the coming year is to update my home.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham