Friday, September 23, 2011

TGIF

THANK GOODNESS IT'S FRIDAY!!!

Can I get an AMEN?

I won't go into details, but it was one of those weeks, where I felt chained to my desk and I was very ready to be free.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THIS WEEK'S RECIPE

Not sure what to call it.  I threw it together this evening.   My hubby said it was very good.   For now I will call it  Sonia's Stove Top Rice Casserole

Sonia's Stove Top Rice Casserole
1   pound ground beef
4   slices of bacon, diced
8   okra pods, sliced in rounds
1/2   small onion, diced
2   14.5 oz cans of stewed tomatoes
1   15 oz can of ranch style or chili beans
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1  cup of instant rice
1/2  cup of water

In dutch oven or big pot, cook bacon until crisp to your liking, add okra and onion.  Cook until onions begin to look translucent.  Remove bacon, okra and onion mixture from pot and set aside.   Crumble ground beef into pot and cook until done.  Drain.   Add the bacon, okra and onion mixture to the browned beef.  Add the stewed tomatoes, beans and seasonings.   Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring it from time to time.   At the end of the 20 minutes, stir in the rice and water.  Cover tightly and take off heat.  Let sit for 10 minutes.
This is a one pot meal. Corn bread fritters go well with it.



I realized this evening that I tend to lean toward, dishes that contain chili, cumin, tomatoes and beef.    Next week I will try something different.

hmmm.... what to cook....  :)


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TODAY'S QUESTION

Who's your most loyal friend?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This evening I crocheted a mug rug for a friend of mine at work.  He saw the one I made for my cubicle in autumn colors and liked it.   I did his in colors he chose.   He is always leaving an inspirational quote or scripture on my desk and also for several others.   He deserves something back.   So I made this mug rug for him. 
Microsoft clip art





Tomorrow,  I will be sewing to my hearts content.  :)   Maybe I will have a pic to show.... maybe not.  :)






++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Have a wonderful weekend!!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia


My answer to the last question: don't think I've eaten Chinese food.

6 comments:

  1. Sonia your rice casserole sound delicous. I think I am gonna try it maybe tonight for supper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's you an 'Amen' to freedom of any kind....grin.

    I see we are on Stray Stitches list. I'm out hopping around checking out all the blogs. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SnowLady thanks for stopping by! Let me know how you like the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BilliBee thanks for the Amen! :)

    Thank you also for following this blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds yummy. If the weather ever gets cool here, I am going to try this. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Laura. If you try it, let me know what you think. :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham