Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hello!   Hope this finds you doing well.

As you know, the church I attend is having a revival this week. 

It has been a good week.  :)  

You know, when you're trying to live your life for God, serving Him and trying to share Him with others, the devil always does his best to find a chink in your armor and stab you. Stab you right where he knows he can get you.

Well, that's how it has been for me, for the past three weeks.   Each morning I wake, I pray, and then my feet hit the floor.  The battle is on - with my spirit being dogged from every angle.   If it weren't for the Lord's presence in my life, I would go down in smoke.

Earlier, as I sat hear catching up on emails, eating my grits and buttered toast, I realized how liberated I feel this evening.   I have been able to hand the battle over to God completely, instead of asking for His help, then barging on ahead, trying to fight it my way. 

I feel like celebrating with a Pepsi, but since I've given soda pops up for the time I'm in the Daniel study, I'll have to wait. :)

Microsoft clip art

Why is it, we have to try it our way, before we realize it's not the right way?

Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer: preserve my life from fear of the enemy.  Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked; from the insurrection of the workers of iniquity:... ~ Psalm 64:1-2

The Righteous shall be glad in the LORD, and shall trust in Him; and all the upright in heart shall glory. ~ Psalm 64:10


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TODAY'S QUESTION

What's your earliest childhood memory?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Microsoft clip art
Microsoft clip art


BLOCK OF THE MONTH

Starting in October!!







++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'll sign off with my favorite quote....

Your worst days are never so bad, that you are beyond the reach of God's grace and your best days are never so good, that you are beyond the need of God's grace. ~ Anonymous

Have a terrific Thursday!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia


My answer to yesterday's question: only by God's grace am I able to break habits.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for such an inspiring blog post. It sounds like the revival is going well. Thanks for sharing thoughts and prayers with us. I especially like your closing quote. Blessings and prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Hilachas! :)

    God bless and keep you,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham