Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Daze Zapper

Hello!  :)

As I sit here with my hot bowl of ramen noodles and reflecting over my day, a chuckle escapes.   There is a song that keeps playing over in my head from time to time.

Earlier today, as I was archiving training records from one database to another.... such a mundane part of my job...a song comes over the radio...

It amazes me how God created our minds.

We are in the middle of a mundane or boring task... dazed and continuing to work with eyes wide open... then a song or an action comes along and snaps us right out of the daze.  Our minds are so wonderfully created, we recall entire situations from colors, smells, and feelings; as if it just happened. 

Well, my 'daze zapper' was the song "I Believe in Miracles" by Hot Chocolate.  Not that I remember the words... only a few...  But I do remember the tune and the cute video I saw with this song.  It broke the monotony.



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This evening I went to the Logan County PieceMakers Quilt Guild meeting.   

I sure wish I had remembered my camera...  

There were several beautiful quilts and one was totally hand pieced and quilted.  Yes I was impressed. :)  There were also some pretty autumn quilted place mats and a pretty red quilted tote bag and I showed my pumpkins and autumn wall hanging.  

One of the things our guild does, is each member turns in a fat quarter each month.  The people who have birthdays in the current month, get to pick out two fat quarters.  This was my month to do so.  I took a pic after I got home.  I think they are very pretty. :)

One of the goals we need to still fulfill this year, is lap quilts for the local nursing home.  Lap quilts are sized 1 yard by width of fabric, so that they don't get caught in the wheels on the wheelchairs.   I hope we get several turned in, in the next two months.  I am going to put something in our newsletter to encourage everyone to make one.    Keep your fingers crossed for me.  :)


The 2012 Butterfly quilt was shown this evening too.

It is pretty!!   

I'll post a pic as soon as I get one.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
TODAY'S QUESTION

What do you order when you eat Chinese food?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'll leave you with this...

Take time to laugh, 
It is the music of the soul.
~Unknown~


 Have a wonderful Wednesday!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia



My answer the yesterday's question:  Trying to be a good mom to my kids.

4 comments:

  1. Hello! Linda over at Stray Stitches have given us an award. I thought I would come over to your blog and become a follower. I look forward to getting to know you!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham