Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Busy Beautiful Day

Hello!   Hope this finds you doing well.  :)

I have requested permission to use blocks from a book I have, for the block of the month portion of my blog.  Hopefully I will receive permission soon and the Block of the Month will start.

I have been very busy today.  It started out with trying to get my license renewed, but wouldn't you know it, the system for driver licenses was down.  So I will have to try again tomorrow.  

The rest of the day I worked on the quilt I've been on for the past couple of weeks.  I took an old work t-shirt, with logo and all, and turned it into a tote bag.  I still have to add handles.  I also worked on the little baby afghan for my niece on the way.    I have this week off, through Thursday, so I hope to get some stuff done!  :)  Got to go to work on Friday but then I'm off for three more days.  Then it's back to normal working status.
Microsoft clip art

The weather has been beautiful, with clear skies and temps in the low 80s.   Since autumn, with its oranges and reds, is on its way in and summer with its green, is on its way out, I thought I'd share a little something I wrote about the color green.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am Green.  Energy flows through my veins bringing to life my various hues and tones.  I contrast with the browns of earth, complimenting their beauty.  I give the landscape a background on which the flowers can bloom and show off their bright colors.   Without my variation of color this world would be dull.

The dark forest of my pallet gives way to mystery, while my lighter side shows the beginning of life.  I color the underside of leaves with a blue-green, that sparkles in the sunshine. 

In the cold hard landscape of the cities, I soften the sharp edges and provide color to their gray pallor.

In days of old, I was the first color of fashion, covering the nakedness of man.  I colored bulrushes to hide a Hebrew babe and prevent him from being killed by Egyptian soldiers.  That babe was found and adopted by the Pharaoh's daughter.  That was a proud day for me.

Battles have been fought over me throughout the years, whether it be for a landscape or for stones I colored so brilliantly.   I am a color, much sought after.

Microsoft clip art
Presently, people have incorporated me into their currency.  I represent the action of moving forward. 

I am so well liked, there is a movement called Green.  It is a movement to protect the earth and to preserve its natural beauty. 

It seems, no matter how far we move forward, we always get back in touch with our beginnings.  I am Green.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TODAY'S QUESTION

How many friends, from high school, do you still talk to?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

During my study in the book of Daniel, last week, there was a scripture about season changes.

Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision.  Then Daniel blessed God of heaven.  Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are His: And He changes the times and the seasons: He removes kings and sets up kings: He gives wisdom to the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding: He reveals the deep and secret things: He knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with Him. ~ Daniel 2:19-22

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, I hope to have pics to share with you soon and the block of the month starting soon too.  :)

Until next time, 

God bless and keep you,
Sonia


My answer to the last question: 2 things I fear... losing my loved ones.... losing my loved ones.

3 comments:

  1. I guess the answer to last weeks for me would be the same.

    This weeks..sadly..none. I married and moved from the West Coast to the East..

    Being a Christian, as with many, also caused the friendships to fade away.

    Thankful GOD gave me likeminded bron again "friends"

    Blessings
    HOPE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hope! I understand and yes Thanks to our Heavenly Father for our Christian friends.

    God bless and keep you,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still in contact with several people from high school. I saw lots of them this weekend at my nieces wedding. My brother is still good friends with lots of his high school and college friends. I visit my home town several times a year, and get to see old friends on each trip. I don't get to attend my 30th high school reunion in 2 weeks because of the wedding, but, I still got to have a mini reunion at the wedding. How cool is that? And it included multiple grades, too.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham