Monday, August 1, 2011

Do you feel Him in your bones...

 


I finished my handbag tonight.  




 

Here it is before I put my stuff in it. 

 
 I was able to get every thing in it without cramming it in, like I do with  most of my handbags. 



I'll try it out tomorrow, to see if I need to make any adjustments.  I think it turned out okay, considering I didn't follow a pattern.

 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TODAY'S QUESTION

If you could be invisible for a day, where would you go and what would you do?

 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MY THOUGHTS

The heaviness fell upon her as she drove to her destination.  Little did she know, it was falling on others too.  The darkness followed, sweeping in little by little, trying to take her over.

She cried out, "Father, keep it at bay!  I know You are there, please let me feel Your presence in my bones". 

She continued to pray as she traveled on.  The darkness began to fade back, as her prayers went up.

Every day she is engaged in battle, only surviving with the help of her Heavenly Father.   He strengthens her to face the demons that try to batter her life.

There was a time when she didn't rely on His help and was often overtaken by the enemy.  Those were dark days.   She shuddered at the memory of them.

Reaching her destination, she parked her car and walked in, to the office, as scheduled.  She found a note that someone had left laying on the front desk.

           Gracious God, as the day begins I pray in hope that the new day will bring some measure of inner peace and reassurance...

"That's exactly how I feel", she thought.

There were two scripture references noted along with the rest of the note; Psalm 103:1-6 and Ephesians 1:11-23.  She wrote them down, making note to look them up later.  She continued on to her appointment, with a bit more hope than she had a few moments ago.


Later that day...


She opened her Bible to the scriptures she had written down earlier in the day.


Psalm 103:1-6 (NIV) PRAISE THE LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise His holy name.  Praise LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - Who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, Who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.  The LORD works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed.

"I certainly felt oppressed, earlier", she thought.

Ephesians 1:11-23 (NIV)  In Him we were made heirs, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of His will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of His glory.  And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation.  Having believed, you were marked in Him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, Who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession - to the praise of His glory.    For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.  I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better.  I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints, and His incomparable great power for us who believe.  That power is like the working of His mighty strength, which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.  And God placed all things under His feet and appointed Him to be head over everything for the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills everything in every way.

"So" she thought, "I've been made an heir, have the Holy Spirit to guide me, I'm God's possession, with the power of God with me...What have I got to be worried about?  He is in control...
          Father, forgive me for fretting and worrying about the situation I face.   I give it all to You, asking Your will be done. I ask this in the name and through the blood of Jesus Christ, Amen."

As she ended her prayer, a presence of peace seeped into her bones.   She felt the presence of God.  :)

 
God bless and keep you,
Sonia



My answer to yesterday's question:  faith, wedding band, earrings, cross necklace, watch

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham