Sunday, August 14, 2011

Blessings & Sweet Treats

Diane walked up to me and asked, "How are you doing?"

"Okay", I replied.

"So, really, how are you?", Diane asked again.

"Is it that evident?", I asked.

"Only to me", Diane said.

I hesitated and Diane quickly said, "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, I'll just keep praying."

"Yes, please do keep praying.  There is something... I can't put a name to it, but it's there.  If I had a name for it,  I could pray, asking God to remove the demon from me", I said.

Diane reaffirmed she would continue to pray.  The church service began and she went back to her seat.

Of late I have been in a funk.   Most people don't know it or see it, but my friend, Diane did.  

It's good to have a friend, a sister in Christ, a kindred spirit, that knows when I need prayer and prays for me.

I met Diane, a few years ago, when I walked into a little shop where she worked.   We began to talk and before I knew it, we were sharing the Lord with one another.  I have considered her a friend from that point on.  She is always ready with a smile and kind word.  She is also willing to pray and give sisterly advise when I need it.    

Diane is a blessing, God has sent my way.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

One of my favorite treats of the summer is cold, sweet watermelon.  

This particular yellow watermelon was a sweet treat to end my day with.   

YUM!



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TODAY'S QUESTION

What is something most people don't know about you?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

5000+ Giveaway will end in about 1.5 hours.

If you have not put you name in, now is the time to do it.  :)


I will post the winners tomorrow, 8/15/11.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Have a great week!!

God bless and keep you, 
Sonia



My answer to yesterday's question:  I took a week off for my birthday.

1 comment:

  1. I will pray for you also. Someting most people do not know about me is that my parents remarried each other when my 3rd child was 3.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham