Sunday, July 10, 2011

Piercing and Blessing

Today... was one of those days where the Lord grabs your heart and doesn't let go, until you accept what He is telling you.

Every day He touches my life, but there are days that He pierces me in the heart.   It's always a good thing, sometimes it's tough to work through, but it is always good.


I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.  The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. ~ Galatians 2:20

The above verse helped me this evening.  All day I have been worrying about something I needed to do.   Sharing the Lord with a particular friend of mine.

A friend, who I wasn't sure would be willing or accepting of the information I had to share.   I knew however, that if I wanted to have peace, I had to do what I was being led to do.   So I contacted that friend this evening.

Thankfully, we are still friends and it is now up to God to do the rest.  :)


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This afternoon, I finished the Christmas apron and oven mitt. 

Here it is.  

I decided to use brown ribbon for the ties and also lined it so that it is reversible. 


Here's the oven mitt.


AND... I also got a nap in to boot!!

 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It was a scorcher today.  When I left church this afternoon, my car said the temperature was 103°.  Then this evening around 5:30 or so, one of the ladies at church said that her car gave the temperature of 109°.  It certainly felt like it.  It was very muggy today too.   

Though it was hot and still is... there was a blessing to be found.  

On the way home this evening, we discovered it rained!  There were puddles in the streets.  My son, who had to work this evening, said it rained hard for about 30 minutes.  

Thank you Father!!   We've been needing the rain.  We need more, but I'm very thankful for the rain we got this evening.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here's wishing you great week ahead!!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia


6 comments:

  1. That's very nice. I really need to get working on the Christmas crafting myself. Just seems odd to be crocheting scarfs and the like when it's 100 degrees here. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your blog. The sermon at my church this weekend was about dieing so that you can live. Our pastor is going to be showing (or challenging) the church next week on how to die so that they can live more for God. I think a lot of people were nervous this weekend.

    Thank you for living for God and showing otheres that it is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natasha, thank you for stopping by. Keep believing, with God all things are possible.

    Have a great week!

    God bless and keep you,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad someone is getting ahead on their Christmas/holiday projects ~ I'm slacking!
    Your apron turned out wonderful, I like that you can reverse it too.
    Glad to hear you still have a friend that understands, that in my book is a true friend.
    You have a great week too!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham