Saturday, July 9, 2011

Music in the background...

As my husband plays the guitar and sings in the background it takes me back in the early years of our marriage, when we would spend the weekend at the lake.  He, his dad, brother and cousin would play music and sing.  The cool breezes would blow in off the lake, as the sun set and the kids would start winding down.  A very peaceful time of day.   Sweet memories. 



Another sweet memory came to mind earlier today.  It was of times of gathering with family and friends in the summer.  Often times there is a cold watermelon waiting to be sliced and eaten.    So with that in mind, I crocheted a watermelon dishcloth today.   When I finished and looked at it, I almost decided it's too cute to use for a dish cloth.   :)




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The spirit of "Christmas in July" has hit me this month and this morning, I cut out a Christmas apron and oven mitts.  I will use the two fabrics sitting on top for the the neck and waist ties.   I hope to finish it tomorrow.

I also have a Christmas tree skirt scheduled to finish this month.



++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I guess I'll wrap it for now.  Here's wishing you a great Sunday!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. I LOVE the watermelon dishcloth. That would find quite a home at my house, everyone here loves watermelon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest dishcloth EVER!!! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog. More photos of the quilt show to come and more visits over here to see you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Michele! Looking forward to the more of the quilt show. :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham