Friday, July 1, 2011

A Scary Moment....

Last weekend, I sat down and scheduled out my projects.  I'm going to be busy through October, and this week I took on a few more projects that will keep me busy through November.

So far this week, I'm on track.

  • Mailed off the Handmade Gift exchange to Washington


  •  Finished a crocheted coaster set for one of my Sister-n-laws.



 









  • The other thing I have planned, to finish this week, is hemming up a pair of dress pants.  I will most likely do that Saturday.

 I had a scary moment earlier today.    At work we provided a pizza lunch.   I was scheduled to leave and pick up the 45 pizzas at noon. So about 5 'til, I grab my keys then reach for my wallet to get my driver's license out and stick it in my pocket,  so that I wouldn't have to take my handbag.

I open my wallet and my driver's license is gone.  I looked through the rest of the wallet, not there.  I looked through hand bag, not there.   I keep my handbag pretty organized and I knew if it wasn't there, it was lost.

After we got the pizzas set out for the employees, I left and came home for lunch.   I looked in every handbag I have used in the last month.   I didn't find it.   I was beginning to worry.    My husband reminded me to eat lunch, as I tend to pass up a meal when I get busy with something else.  So I stopped searching and ate. 

When I finished, I told David I was going to check one more time through my handbags just to make sure I didn't miss it.   I pulled a bag out and was looking through its pockets when David goes to where I keep my handbags and asks about a particular one, I use for church sometimes.   When he pointed it out, it all came together and I knew that was where my driver's license was.   Sure enough, when I searched a zippered pocket, there it was. 

Microsoft clip art
I used the particular bag about 3 weeks ago.   It's a good thing I didn't get pulled over in the past three weeks.  Whew!!

 Lesson learned:  Keep my license in my wallet, PERIOD.  :)



 Have you ever lost something like that?





Have a great weekend!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sonia!
    What lovely gifts you made for your partner! I'm sure she loved them! Thanks for linking up to the Handmade Gift Exchange linky party! I love seeing what everyone made. The next Handmade Gift Exchange starts the first week of November, so mark your calendar! :)
    happy crafting,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham